Difference between revisions of "User:Marta Milan"
(→Anything else you would like us to know?)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 18:30, 7 February 2008
MARTA MILAN IS HOTT
- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Publications
- 5 Useful links
- 6 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2008
- Marta Lynne Milan
- MIT, Sigma Kappa
- 480 Commonwealth Ave
- Boston, MA 02215
- Email me through OpenWetWare or at mmilan @mit.edu
Originally I'm from [Big Rapids, Michigan] and am very happy to be in Boston. I play oboe in the MIT Wind Ensemble, and am stoked that an oboe was featured in a [superbowl commercial] this year. I also volunteer at MIT [blood drives] because my iron level is too low to donate. Golfing, dancing, and baking are pretty high on my priority list.
- 2006 - Graduate - Big Rapids High School
- 2010 - Course 20 - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Let's just cure cancer
When I get published, I'll make sure to post links.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2008
Year of Graduation
mmilan AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken
7.06 (Cell Biology)
7.02 (General Biology Lab)
5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)
Have you taken any of these classes?
- Currently taking 7.05.
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
- Yes? (not those specifically, but I have dealt with molecular biology)
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
With Lauffenburger Lab I have done:
- Western Blots
- Cell culture (fluid suspension, not petri dish)
- Hematocytomer/Vicel Cell Counts
- BCA Analyses
- Flow Cytometry experiments with Flowjo analyses.
Anything else you would like us to know?
My UROP grad student is looking into RT-PCR and other aspects of this class, so I'm excited to parallel my work with 20.109. I'm thrilled to learn more BE-related lab topics and get more experience in the lab.