I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Marshall Hampton
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. I am also a member there in the Integrated Biosciences program. I learned about OpenWetWare from Julius Lucks, and bioinformatics blogs, and I've joined because I would like to contribute to the awareness of the [Sage] computational platform..
- 2002, PhD, Mathematics, University of Washington
- 2000, MS, Mathematics, University of Washington
- 1994, BS in Mathematics and Physics, Stanford University
- Gene regulation and systems physiology in mammalian hibernators
- Bioinformatics, particularly in AT-rich genomes of parasites such as P. falciparum
- Celestial mechanics, dynamical systems, computational algebra and geometry
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164