User:Mark B. Smith
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Mark B. Smith
- 362 Memorial Drive
- Cambridge, MA 02139
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am a second year graduate student in the Alm Lab. I'm currently studying the relative information content of metagenomic versus marker genes (16s rRNA) as predictors of environmental features. Another exciting project I've been working on is analysis of horizontal gene transfer in the human microbiome.
- In the Spring of 2010 I joined the Alm lab (almlab.mit.edu).
- In the Fall of 2009 I entered the Microbiology PhD program at MIT.
- 2009, Princeton University, Summa Cum Laude in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology with certificates in Environmental Studies and Engineering Biology.
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.