Difference between revisions of "User:Linh N Le/Notebook/2009/06/01/Microtubules"
(New page: ==Microtubules== *We made MTs today *First we took an aliquot (2ul) of FITC tubulin and warmed it in the PCR **This caused the tubulin to polymerize into microtubules **We also added a buf...)
Latest revision as of 10:03, 29 September 2009
- We made MTs today
- First we took an aliquot (2ul) of FITC tubulin and warmed it in the PCR
- This caused the tubulin to polymerize into microtubules
- We also added a buffer, 198 ul of room temperature BRB80T, to stabilize them
- We then imaged them in the microscope
- We saw 100's of tubes (although they are smaller than what Koch made last week http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Steven_J._Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2009/05/26/FITC_Microtubules_with_antifade)
- We then made a batch with Antifade
- The old antifade from last week was no good, but a fresh batch came out great!