- Create agar plates 20
- Started bacteria culture
- Autoclaved all solutions
- 8 Flask of 50mL of water and agar.
- Make certain that there is enough water in the reservoir before you begin.
- Turn the power on
- Turn the black knob to fill. This fills the chamber with water.
- Let water continue to fill the chamber until it reaches the line at the front of the chamber.
- Turn the black knob to STE (short for "sterilize").
- Load your media into the autoclave chamber. (Note: 2 2.8L Fernbach Flasks can be loaded into the chamber)
- Close the autoclave door and seal it shut.
- Set the temperature knob just to the right of 121F.
- Turn the timer knob to 50 minutes.
- After the 50 minutes have elapsed, wait 30 minutes until the pressure drops back to atmospheric pressure.
- Turn the black knob to Off.
- Use gloves to unload your sterilized material.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.