- To run UV-Vis analysis on Au/BSA solutions at various ratios.
- To remake solutions that did not give expected results.
- To make Tris Buffer at 100mM at pH 8.0 and 10.0
- The absorbance of each sample were taken by UV-vis spectrophotometer. Graph were made with absorbance versus wavelength. See Dhea Patel's Lab Notebook on 2012/09/04 for details.
- Abigail E. Miller 10:45, 17 September 2012 (EDT):shoe the data in your notebook and clearly explain what can be found in Dhea's notebook.
- Solutions of Au/BSA at various ratios were remade. New stock solutions were remade. Solutions were wrapped around with aluminum foil and placed in incubator at 85°C for five hours. Incubator were cooled to room temperature until the next day.
- Abigail E. Miller 10:45, 17 September 2012 (EDT):how? what masses? what volumes where used? what ratios were prepared? I cannot recreate your experiments from what you have listed.
- 1.2114g of Tris buffer was mixed with 100mL of distilled water to make 100mM of tris buffer solution. Two sets of solutions were made. In each 100mL tris buffer, each sample was titrated to pH 8.0 and pH 10.0 with the addition of 1M HCl, respectively.
- Abigail E. Miller 10:45, 17 September 2012 (EDT):what were the actual masses for tris for each solution? show the calculation. what is the theoretical amount for a 100mM tris solution?
- New sets of Au/BSA solutions at various ratios that were pre-made before were placed in centrifuge and were attempted to spin at 4000rpm for 5 minutes in room temperature. However, two glass test tubes that were placed on the outskirts of centrifuge shattered during the process. All solutions were then transferred into falcon tubes. The Au/BSA solution at ratio 130 and 128 were disposed due to mix of broken glass. Some purple fibers were stuck on glass test tubes while being transferred to falcon tube and are lost during the transfer.
- Abigail E. Miller 10:45, 17 September 2012 (EDT): did you recentrifuge or store the solutions in the falcon tubes? what solutions are these? from what day? what ratios? be more specific.
- The original sets of solutions did not form nano-particles, solutions appeared yellow in color. It was predicted that the HAuCl4 reacted with gold specula during the transfer.
- A new set of solutions with different Au/BSA ratios were made beforehand at the same ratio and concentrations. For details of the concentrations, see Notebook from 2012/08/29
- The new set of solutions with different ratios of Au and BSA appeared purpose in color. The 60 Au/BSA solution appeared cloudy and white. The 80 Au/BSA solution appeared as a purpose homogenous solution. The Au/BSA solution with other ratios are transparent with purpose fiber formations.