- To run UV-Vis analysis on Au/BSA solutions at various ratios.
- To remake solutions that did not give expected results.
- To make Tris Buffer at 100mM at pH 8.0 and 10.0
- The absorbance of each sample were taken by UV-vis spectrophotometer. Graph were made with absorbance versus wavelength. See Dhea Patel's Lab Notebook on 2012/09/04 for details.
- Solutions of Au/BSA at various ratios were remade. New stock solutions were remade. Solutions were wrapped around with aluminum foil and placed in incubator at 85°C for five hours. Incubator were cooled to room temperature until the next day.
- 1.2114g of Tris buffer was mixed with 100mL of distilled water to make 100mM of tris buffer solution. Two sets of solutions were made. In each 100mL tris buffer, each sample was titrated to pH 8.0 and pH 10.0 with the addition of 1M HCl, respectively.
- The original sets of solutions did not form nano-particles, solutions appeared yellow in color. It was predicted that the HAuCl4 reacted with gold specula during the transfer.
- A new set of solutions with different Au/BSA ratios were made beforehand at the same ratio and concentrations. For details of the concentrations, see entry from 2012/08/29
- The new set of solutions with different ratios of Au and BSA appeared purpose in color. The 60 Au/BSA solution appeared cloudy and white. The 80 Au/BSA solution appeared as a purpose homogenous solution. The Au/BSA solution with other ratios are transparent with purpose fiber formations.