User:Kevin J. Spring
[[Image:|thumb|right|Kevin J. Spring (an artistic interpretation)]]
- Kevin J. Spring
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- 6431 Fannin St
- MSB 4.042
- Houston, TX, USA 77030
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Levental Lab at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- 2012, PhD, University of Houston Department of Biology and Biochemistry
- 2006, BS, University of Houston - Downtown
My primary motivation is to appropriate biological components to perform new functions, while also gaining insight into biological design. I study and work on protein design, metabolic engineering, and biological membranes.
- Spring KJ, Pham S, and Zufall RA. Chromosome copy number variation and control in the ciliate Chilodonella uncinata. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e56413. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0056413 |
- Spring KJ and Zufall RA. Chilodonella uncinata is not pathogenic to Culex pipiens mosquitoes. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2013 May-Jun;60(3):317-20. DOI:10.1111/jeu.12028 |