- DNASTAR ChIP seq data analysis: SeqMan NGen and SeqMan Pro
- Open SeqMan NGen
- In the Welcome window, select Import BAM file, click [Next >]
- BAM Import = Align BAM layout file, click [Next >]
- Set Up Project Files: Project name = some name; Project folder = SeqMan NGen Projects (desktop); Temporary file location = SeqMan NGen Projects (desktop). Click [Next >]
- Input Template Files: click [Add...]; browse to Karmella's iMac > Macintosh HD> Users > karmelahaynes > Desktop > Human Genome Ref. Select all files and click [Open]. Click [Next >].
*Note: The template files (Homosapiens.NC_...) were downloaded from the internet using the DNASTAR QSeq application.
- Input BAM Layout File: browse to Karmella's iMac > [C] Windows 7 > Users > khaynes > Desktop > ChIP seq data. Chose a .bam file. Click [Next >].
*Note: for this step, make sure Parallels is active, and log in as khaynes
- Assembly Option: Genome ploidy = Diploid
- Your assembly is ready to begin: click [Assemble]. Wait a while.
- Open SeqMan Pro
- Two windows appear: (1) Report, (2) filename.assembly
- Double click on one of the alignments in filename.assembly (e.g., NC_000001(1>249240538) NC_000001), to open "Alignment of ..." window
- Select Contig > Strategy View to view the enrichment histogram