Jonathan Eisen is the PI of the Eisen Lab at UC Davis. The Eisen Lab research focuses on understanding the genomic basis for the origin of novelty (new functions and processes) in microorganisms. For many years, studies in this area were of limited scope. However, the advent of genome sequencing has allowed one to study the origin of novelty on a more global level. The Eisen lab's main location is in the U. C. Davis Genome Center. Dr. Eisen has appointments in the Section of Evolution and Ecology and the Department of Medical Microbiology at U. C. Davis and an Adjunct Appointment at the Joint Genome Institute.
Dr. Eisen is also a strong proponent of the Open Access movement in scientific publishing and is Academic Editor in Chief of PLoS Biology. Dr. Eisen is also an active and award winning science blogger (see his Tree of Life blog here).
For a more detailed Bio go here to my Bio Page.
Social Media and Such
Probably the best way to find out current information about what I am up to is to look at some of my social media sites including:
- For other sciency information about the lab see Jonathan Eisen's Work Blog
- For non sciency things see Jonathan's Davis, CA blog
- To follow Jonathan Eisen on Twitter go to http://twitter.com/phylogenomics
- To follow Jonathan Eisen on FriendFeed go to http://friendfeed.com/treeoflife
- Jonathan Eisen's Linked In profile is here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathaneisen
- Jonathan Eisen's UC Davis Profile Page is here
- Jonathan Eisen's Academia.Edu page is here
Current Main Activities
- I am Academic Editor in Chief of PLoS Biology. For more detail see here