I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jayajit Das
- Assistant Professor
- Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine, Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Biophysics Graduate Program and Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University
- Columbus, OH 43205.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
My lab uses theoretical and computational approaches based on statistical physics to uncover basic mechanistic principles underlying our innate and adaptive immune response. Obtaining such mechanistic principles from experimental observations alone is often difficult because the pertinent processes include co-operative dynamic events with many participating components. A further complication that confounds intuition is stochastic fluctuations in these systems with small numbers of molecules. However, by synergistically integrating observations from experiments with transgenic animals, single molecule techniques and imaging studies probing molecular events in live animals with these theoretical and computational approaches we can provide system-level understanding into such complex systems. The mechanistic insight gained from such studies not only will help develop future experiments to unravel basic principles of our immune system, but may also help envision therapeutic strategies for infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164