User:Janet B. Matsen
Department of Chemical Engineering
I am a new Chemical Engineering PhD student at the University of Washington working at Mary Lidstrom's Lab and it is so fun!
My first year was spent investigating methanotrophic metabolism in pure cultures and a model ecosystem in a team that combined transcriptomics, metabolomics, and single-cell observation. Currently I am helping engineer E. coli to make biofuel precursors from electricity and CO2.
- metabolic engineering
- synthetic biology
- chemical engineering
PhD University of Washington, Seattle
- Chemical Engineering, expected graduation: 2015
- Lidstrom Lab
B.S. University of California, Berkeley
- Chemical Engineering, 2010
Awards & Activities
- 2012 honorable mention for the National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- 2011-2012 Outreach Coordinator for the Puget Sound chapter of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- 2010-2011 Outreach Coordinator for the University of Washington chapter of the American Chemical Engineering Society