User:James P. McDonald
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- James P. McDonald
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Loyola Marymount University
- Major: Biology
- Graduating: Spring 2013
- Upper Division Classes: General Physiology and Lab, Biochemistry, General Physics I, General Physics II, Embryology & Development, General Microbiology, Plant Interactions, Principles of Ecology, Genetics Lab, Urban Ecology, Biomathematical Modeling
- I hope to attend medical school next year. I want to become a physician but at I am unsure in what specialty, at this point.
- My favorite aspect of biology is the infinite amount of knowledge out there and the constant advances that are taking place. I also specifically enjoy genetics. I like to know why we are the way we are and how we get that way.
- My favorite aspect of math is that you can almost always come up with a definite answer. This makes math something that is often straightforward and universal.
- James P. McDonald 16:50, 21 January 2013 (EST):
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164