User:Heather A Piwowar
- Heather Piwowar
- I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the NSF's DataONE cyberinfrastructure project with the Dryad repository at NESCent
- I live in Vancouver, Canada and have an honourary postdoc appointment in the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia in the Biodiversity Centre
- website, blog, friendfeed, twitter, linkedin....
- Email me through OpenWetWare
Recent and Active Research
- Piwowar H and Chapman W. Recall and bias of retrieving gene expression microarray datasets through PubMed identifiers. J Biomed Discov Collab. 2010 Mar 28;5:7-20.
- Piwowar HA, Chapman WW (2010) Public sharing of research datasets: A pilot study of associations
Journal of Informetrics 4: 2. 148-156 April (also presented at Symposium on Informetrics and Scientometrics ASIS&T and ISSI Pre-conference 2009)
- Piwowar HA, Becich MJ, Bilofsky H, Crowley RS, and caBIG Data Sharing and Intellectual Capital Workspace.. Towards a data sharing culture: recommendations for leadership from academic health centers. PLoS Med. 2008 Sep 30;5(9):e183. DOI:10.1371/journal.pmed.0050183 |
- Piwowar HA and Chapman WW. Identifying data sharing in biomedical literature. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008 Nov 6:596-600.
- Piwowar HA (2008) Prevalence and Patterns of Biomedical Research Data Reuse In: JCDL 2008 Doctoral Consortium.
- Piwowar HA, Chapman (2008) A review of journal policies for sharing research data In: ELPUB 2008.
- Harkema, Piwowar HA, Amizadeh, Dowling, Ferraro, Haug, Chapman. (2008) A Baseline System for the i2b2 Obesity Challenge, In: i2b2 2008 Workshop.
- Piwowar HA, Day RS, and Fridsma DB. Sharing detailed research data is associated with increased citation rate. PLoS One. 2007 Mar 21;2(3):e308. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0000308 |
- PhD in 2010, University of Pittsburgh
- Masters of Science in 2006, University of Pittsburgh
- Biomedical Informatics, concentration in Bioinformatics
- Masters of Engineering in 1996, MIT
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, concentration in Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Bachelors of Science in 1995, MIT
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, GPA 4.9/5.0
Ten years of software engineering/do-what-needs-doing experience in a variety of small and energetic IT companies.