- this site is under construction -
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
My principal research interest lies in the modulation of cortical and hippocampal networks by classical neuromodulators (acetylcholine) and substances interfering with GABAergic inhibition. Current projects are
- Cholinergic modulation of GABAergic inhibition in neocortex
- Enhancing spillover of GABA to peri- und extrasynaptic GABA(A) receptors – a possible route to anesthesia?
A methodological focus is the development of software tools (mostly written in Matlab) for data analysis and experimental control in the neurosciences. The aim is to produce customized and efficient/automated tools. Projects past and present include
- 'Measures of effect size toolbox' (with Maik Stüttgen, University of Bochum), available at the Matlab Central File Exchange and SourceForge
- time- and frequency domain analysis of multielectrode field potential recordings
- graphical user interface programs for event detection (e.g. spikes, postsynaptic currents) and IPSC fitting
- event-triggered stimulation/feedback control of behavioral setup for awake behaving rodents
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164