User:Gerd Egger, Md
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Gerd Egger, MD
- former Professor at the Institute of Pathophysiology, Med.Uni. Graz, Austria
- Address: Kapellenweg 16, A8063 Hart-Purgstall,Austria
I worked in my own laboratory in cooperation with several clinical institutions at the Med.Uni. in Graz, Austria
I learned about OpenWetWare from Sci Am May 2008, p.48,
My main reason for joining OWW: Cooperation offer, looking for someone willing and able to continue my scientific work. Topic: definition of infection risk in immunocompromised patients.
MD degree at the Uni Graz 1965, Medical practice in Ethiopia 1965/66, Institute of Histology Uni Graz 1968-76, Institute of Pathophysiology Med Uni Graz 1976-2004
My main interest concentrates on the acute inflammation, especially on the neutrophil granulocyte (polymorphonuclear leukocyte, PMN) and its physiology. Animal tests with rats. Around 1986, I started to develop/improve methods for the clinical measurement of PMN functions: migration, ROS release and actin polymerisation (F-actin) – see publication list. Since 1998 attempts to introduce an automated PMN migration test for clinical purposes, that failed.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164