- 1 FREDERIC BIEMAR, PH.D. (<a href="BiemarCV.pdf">full CV</a>)
- 1.1 CONTACT
- 1.2 EDUCATION
- 1.3 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 1.4 HONORS AND AWARDS
- 1.5 SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (<a href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&itool=pubmed_Abstract&term=%22Biemar+F%22%5BAuthor%5D">see complete list in pubmed</a>)
- 1.6 Basic Wiki Instructions
- 1.7 Personal/Lab Info
FREDERIC BIEMAR, PH.D. (<a href="BiemarCV.pdf">full CV</a>)
Room 585, Life Science Addition
Phone: (510) 642-5007
Fax: (510) 643-5785
Email: <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>
- University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, Postdoc, 2006
- University of Liege (Belgium), Ph.D. (summa cum laude), 2003, Developmental Biology
- University of Liege (Belgium), B.Sc. (summa cum laude), 1997, Molecular Biology
- 2003-Present: Postdoctoral research in the laboratory of <a href="http://mcb.berkeley.edu/faculty/GEN/levinem.html" target="_blank">Prof. Michael Levine</a> at the <a href="http://www.berkeley.edu" target="_blank">University of California, Berkeley</a> (USA)
- 1997-2003: Doctoral research in the laboratories of <a href="http://www.lbmgg.ulg.ac.be/" target="_blank">Prof. Joseph A. Martial</a> at the <a href="http://www.ulg.ac.be/" target="_blank">University of Liege</a> (Belgium), and of <a href="http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/bio1/driever/index.htm" target="_blank">Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Driever</a> at the <a href="http://www.uni-freiburg.de/index_en.php" target="_blank">University of Freiburg</a> (Germany)
- 1996-1997: Undergraduate research in the laboratories of <a href="http://www.lbmgg.ulg.ac.be/" target="_blank">Prof. Joseph A. Martial</a> at the <a href="http://www.ulg.ac.be/" target="_blank">University of Liege</a> (Belgium), and of <a href="http://www.soton.ac.uk/mediacentre/guidetoexpertise/norman_maclean.html" target="_blank">Prof. Norman Maclean</a> at the <a href="http://www.soton.ac.uk/" target=_"blank">University of Southampton</a> (United Kingdom)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2003-2004: <a href="http://www.baef.be/" target="_blank">B.A.E.F.</a> honorary fellow
- 1999-2002: <a href="http://www1.fnrs.be/4-reglements/dispositions/boursier.html" target="_blank">F.R.I.A.</a> doctoral fellowship
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (<a href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&itool=pubmed_Abstract&term=%22Biemar+F%22%5BAuthor%5D">see complete list in pubmed</a>)
- Biemar F, Nix DA, Piel J, Peterson B, Ronshaugen M, Sementchenko V, Bell I, Manak JR, Levine MS. (2006). Comprehensive identification of Drosophila dorsal-ventral patterning genes using a whole-genome tiling array. PNAS 103(34):12763-68.
- Ellertsdottir E, Ganz J, Durr K, Loges N, Biemar F, Seifert F, Ettl AK, Kramer-Zucker AK, Nitschke R, Driever W. (2006). A mutation in the zebrafish Na,K-ATPase subunit atp1a1a.1 provides genetic evidence that the sodium potassium pump contributes to left-right asymmetry downstream or in parallel to nodal flow. Developmental Dynamics 235(7):1794-1808.
- Ronshaugen M, Biemar F, Piel J, Levine M, Lai EC. (2005). The Drosophila microRNA iab-4 causes a dominant homeotic transformation of halteres to wings. Genes & Development 19(24):2947-52.
- Biemar F, Zinzen R, Ronshaugen M, Sementchenko V, Manak JR, Levine MS. (2005). Spatial regulation of microRNA gene expression in the Drosophila embryo. PNAS 102(44):15907-11.
- Mavropoulos A, Devos N, Biemar F, Zecchin E, Argenton F, Edlund H, Motte P, Martial JA, Peers B. (2005). sox4b is a key player of pancreatic alpha cell differentiation in zebrafish. Developmental Biology 285(1):211-23.
- Devos N, Deflorian G, Biemar F, Bortolussi M, Martial JA, Peers B, Argenton F. (2002). Differential expression of two somatostatin genes during zebrafish embryonic development. Mechanisms of Development 115(1-2):133-7.
- Biemar F, Argenton F, Schmidtke R, Epperlein S, Peers B, Driever W. (2001). Pancreas development in zebrafish: early dispersed appearance of endocrine hormone expressing cells and their convergence to form the definitive islet. Developmental Biology 230(2):189-203.
Basic Wiki Instructions
- Start off by clicking the 'edit' button to the right of this section, or at the top of the page.
- Now you should see the text of this section as text within an editor box. There are several buttons in the editor box, but don't worry about those for now. Just type something in the box, scroll down to the bottom, and hit the 'Preview' button.
- You should see the web-page and text box views, but now with your edits! Don't forget to save your changes by clicking 'Save Page'!
- Editing pages is as easy as that. There are of course many ways to format your text. The easiest way to learn is to find an OWW page with the formatting you like, click on the edit button again, and see for yourself how it was created in the text box. Here's an extensive list of formating examples. Or look at this OpenWetWare introductory tutorial.
- When you are done, remove these instructions by clicking the edit button for this section again, erase everything you see in the text box and click 'Save Page'. (And remember you can always retrieve these by clicking on the 'history' tab at the top of this page.)
Note that these instructions apply to any page on OWW. Feel free to contribute to OWW by editing pages to add content, update them, or even correct mistakes. OWW relies on an active community to manage our growing resource of open access information, and we need your help!
We have gone ahead and filled in some information you provided us in your membership application at the top of this page. Please take a moment to embellish this and tell the community a little more about you. Put links to your lab pages, your projects and your interests. If you run out of ideas, take a look at some of the other User pages. For example, check out User:Julius_B._Lucks, User:Jason_R._Kelly and User:Reshma_P._Shetty.
You'll also notice that we have put an 'image' placeholder at the top of the page. We encourage you to upload an image of yourself to give OWW a more personal feel. To upload an image, click on the Upload file link on the left-hand side (toolbar). Choose a file from your computer, and remember the file name. After you have uploaded the image, you should see it loaded on its own page. User your browser's back button to come back to this page, click on edit, and replace 'OWWEmblem.png' with the name of your file that you have uploaded in the second line of this page.
Don't forget to remove these instructions from this page when you are done!