I am working in transplant immunology research at Georgetown. Transplantation immunology can be considered as a subfield of immunology. It studies the interactions of host organism with grafted tissues or organs.
This page is under construction, please come back later to check the most recent information.
Transplant Tolerance Induction for Solid Organ Transplantation
Transplant Tolerance is a place where you could find some introductory recent information on transplantation tolerance. It is currently prepared by one individual, therefore it is restricted in terms of rigorous verification and "recentness". You may contact me at morphomes at org. us know].
1/20/06 -- Transplant Tolerance Is being constructed.
Immunosuppressor agens used
- Antilymphocyte antisera: Antilymphocyte globulin, thymoglobulin, rituximab.
- Immunosupressor drugs: Sirolimus, Tacrolimus
Adjuvant donor bone marrow (BM) infusion
- Whole unfractionated BM infusion.
- Fractionated BM infusion
- Enriched BM progenitor cell infusion
"Laws of transplantation"
- Transplants between inbred strains will succeed.
- Transplants between inbred strains will fail,
- Transplants from a member of an inbred parental strain to an F-1 offspring will succeed, but those in the reverse direction will fail.
- Transplant from F2 and all subsequentt generations to F1 animals will succeed.
- Transplants from inbred parental strains to the F2 generation will usually, but not always fail.