I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2011
- 5 Useful links
- Edgar Matias
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 28 The Fenway
- Boston, MA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I study in the in the Teaching Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I learned about OpenWetWare from a class I am taking and I've joined because it is a required.
- 2013, Candidate for Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2013, Candidate for Bachelor of Science in Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2011
Year of Graduation
ematias AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
20.320 (Cell Kinetics) Yes
7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry) Yes
7.06 (Cell Biology) No
7.02 (General Biology Lab) No
5.310 (General Chemistry Lab) No
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)? I have some experience culturing mammalian cells.
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)? No
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
During the last semester and in the summer, I worked in the Ribbeck Lab here at MIT. Though my projects changed quite a bit, all of them revolved around mucus, whether it be increasing its effectiveness as a natural barrier against disease or studying cell attachment to it.