- Currently a Graduate Student at OHSU (See "Current" below)
- 2003-04, a BioMedical Staff Scientist in the BBRP (now the Physical and Life Sciences Directorate) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
6th year student in OHSU's MD/PhD Program
Research Interests: Coming soon!
General Scientific Links (a.k.a., Teaching Science in the Community):
- Understanding Evolution and why its so important to health, disease, and our fundamental understanding of biology.
- Learn Genetics with videos and interactive lessons.
- Introduction to X-ray Crystallography. An easy to understand video going from cells to structure.
- "Mini Med-School" lecture by Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that (too much) fructose and (not enough) fiber appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical School for the Public (7/2009; Health and Medicine, Show ID: 16717)
- Tree of Life web project about biodiversity.
- Learn about RNAi and gene regulation, with "a petunia, Pirate Ships, little Chefs, and 'the Cop'." (Intrigued? Click on the link and watch the video)
- The Powers of 10 expolores the range of sizes in our world, and our perspective in it. “We find that we inhabit an insignificant planet of a hum-drum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.” -Carl Sagan
All Publications for C.J. Severyn on NCBI-PubMed
ResearcherID Link for C. Severyn
1. Molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry of the repulsive guidance molecule family. C. J. Severyn, U. Shinde and P. Rotwein, Biochem. J. (2009) v422:393-403 
email: severync AT ohsu DOT edu
- A web-based version to plan your visit to one of "America's Best Idea"
- And more views from the webcams at Yosemite National Park
- Or the aastern side of the Sierra Nevada with Mono Lake
- Packard Kids Connection @ LPCH, a great interactive site explaining select medical procedures to children and their parents (in English or Spanish), along with the “Power Penguin.”
Why drive when you bike or fly: also known as ‘When in Portland’
‘I want to ride my bicycle,’ and all things cycling related in Portland, OR
Course Web Pages
OHSU 2007 Course: Adv. Topics in Molecular Biology
Discussion Questions and Presentations: Chris