6th year student in OHSU's MD/PhD Program
Research Interests: Coming soon!
General Scientific Links (a.k.a., Teaching Science in the Community):
- Understanding Evolution and why its so important to health, disease, and our fundamental understanding of biology.
- Learn Genetics with videos and interactive lessons.
- Introduction to X-ray Crystallography. An easy to understand video going from cells to structure.
- "Mini Med-School" lecture by Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that (too much) fructose and (not enough) fiber appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical School for the Public (7/2009; Health and Medicine, Show ID: 16717)
All Publications for C.J. Severyn on NCBI-PubMed
ResearcherID Link for C. Severyn
1. Molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry of the repulsive guidance molecule family. C. J. Severyn, U. Shinde and P. Rotwein, Biochem. J. (2009) v422:393-403 
email: severync AT ohsu DOT edu
- Packard Kids Connection @ LPCH, a great interactive site explaining select medical procedures to children and their parents (in English or Spanish), along with the “Power Penguin.”
Why drive when you bike or fly: also known as ‘When in Portland’
‘I want to ride my bicycle,’ and all things cycling related in Portland, OR
Course Web Pages
OHSU 2007 Course: Adv. Topics in Molecular Biology
Discussion Questions and Presentations: Chris