I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Chaitanya Athale
- IISER, Pune, India
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I head the Self Organization and Cell Morphogenesis Lab at IISER Pune, India. I learned about OpenWetWare from From news about the OpenWetware and news about the iGem projects., and I've joined because I have learnt quite a bit from the openwetware Wiki and would like to contribute to the community effort. The idea of open-source biology is exciting since only through reproducibility of protocols and a collaborative environment can we all make progress. Naturally there are experimental tricks of the trade which are best picked up in situ, but moving from qualitative to quantitative biology will need this kind of collaborative mentality.
- 2003, PhD, DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- 1998, MSc, Zoology Dept, Pune University, India
- 1996, BSc, Botany, Fergusson College, Pune, India
- Pattern formation
- Cell system modelling
- Reaction-diffusion systems
- Quantitative Microscopy
- Swarming behaviour in experiment and theory
- Mahajan S and Athale CA. Spatial and temporal sensing limits of microtubule polarization in neuronal growth cones by intracellular gradients and forces. Biophys J. 2012 Dec 19;103(12):2432-45. DOI:10.1016/j.bpj.2012.10.021 |
- Athale CA and Chaudhari H. Population length variability and nucleoid numbers in Escherichia coli. Bioinformatics. 2011 Nov 1;27(21):2944-8. DOI:10.1093/bioinformatics/btr501 |
- Athale CA, Dinarina A, Mora-Coral M, Pugieux C, Nedelec F, and Karsenti E. Regulation of microtubule dynamics by reaction cascades around chromosomes. Science. 2008 Nov 21;322(5905):1243-7. DOI:10.1126/science.1161820 |
- Zhang L, Athale CA, and Deisboeck TS. Development of a three-dimensional multiscale agent-based tumor model: simulating gene-protein interaction profiles, cell phenotypes and multicellular patterns in brain cancer. J Theor Biol. 2007 Jan 7;244(1):96-107. DOI:10.1016/j.jtbi.2006.06.034 |
- Athale CA and Deisboeck TS. The effects of EGF-receptor density on multiscale tumor growth patterns. J Theor Biol. 2006 Feb 21;238(4):771-9. DOI:10.1016/j.jtbi.2005.06.029 |
- Athale CA, Christensen MO, Eils R, Boege F, and Mielke C. Inferring a system model of subcellular topoisomerase II beta localization dynamics. OMICS. 2004 Summer;8(2):167-75. DOI:10.1089/1536231041388339 |
- Bacher CP, Reichenzeller M, Athale C, Herrmann H, and Eils R. 4-D single particle tracking of synthetic and proteinaceous microspheres reveals preferential movement of nuclear particles along chromatin - poor tracks. BMC Cell Biol. 2004 Nov 23;5:45. DOI:10.1186/1471-2121-5-45 |
- Werner Dubitzky (Editor), Jennifer Southgate (Editor), Hendrik Fu� (Editor). Understanding the Dynamics of Biological Systems. Springer. ISBN:9781441979636