User:Carsten C. Mahrenholz
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Carsten C. Mahrenholz
- Molecular Libraries and Recognition Group
- Charité Medical School
- Berlin, Germany
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Institute of Medical Immunology at Charité Medical School. I've joined because Hopefully I can find some people to share information about my phd-topics (coiled-coils and SPOT-synthesis) and add some related methodical and input value.
- since 2005, PhD student (Boichemistry)
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charité Medical School, Berlin
- 2001-2005, Dipl. Biol. (Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Immunology)
Humboldt University, Berlin and Gutenberg University, Mainz
- 2006-2008, MBA (General Management - Dual Award)
Berlin School of Economics and Ashcroft International Business School, Cambridge
- Coiled-Coil interaction, stoichometry and peptide design
We use biochemical high-throughput(SPOT- and Peptide-Synthesis) methods, biophysics (ITC, AUZ, Biacore) and informatics (SVM) to define the rules of association on the amino-acid level.
- association landscapes for protein interaction
- evolution theory
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164