I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Caterina Strambio-De-Castillia
- University of Massachusetts Medical Scool
- Program In Molecular Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 373 Plantation Street, Biotech II, Suite 114
- Worcester, MA, 01605
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 1998, PhD, The Rockefeller University
- 1988, Universita' degli Studi di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
- The role of the nuclear basket in bridging between nuclear transport and gene regulation
- Quantitative, Real-Time, Sub-cellular Tracking of Infectious HIV-1
- Investigations of protein expression during anti-viral response mechanisms in dendritic cells based on innovative mass spectrometric and bioinformatic workflows
- Development of open-source tools for bioimage informatics
- Pertel T, Hausmann S, Morger D, Züger S, Guerra J, Lascano J, Reinhard C, Santoni FA, Uchil PD, Chatel L, Bisiaux A, Albert ML, Strambio-De-Castillia C, Mothes W, Pizzato M, Grütter MG, and Luban J. TRIM5 is an innate immune sensor for the retrovirus capsid lattice. Nature. 2011 Apr 21;472(7343):361-5. DOI:10.1038/nature09976 |
- Strambio-De-Castillia C, Niepel M, and Rout MP. The nuclear pore complex: bridging nuclear transport and gene regulation. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2010 Jul;11(7):490-501. DOI:10.1038/nrm2928 |
- Sokolskaja E, Olivari S, Zufferey M, Strambio-De-Castillia C, Pizzato M, and Luban J. Cyclosporine blocks incorporation of HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein into virions. J Virol. 2010 May;84(9):4851-5. DOI:10.1128/JVI.01699-09 |
- Neagu MR, Ziegler P, Pertel T, Strambio-De-Castillia C, Grütter C, Martinetti G, Mazzucchelli L, Grütter M, Manz MG, and Luban J. Potent inhibition of HIV-1 by TRIM5-cyclophilin fusion proteins engineered from human components. J Clin Invest. 2009 Oct;119(10):3035-47. DOI:10.1172/JCI39354 |
- Sebastian S, Grütter C, Strambio de Castillia C, Pertel T, Olivari S, Grütter MG, and Luban J. An invariant surface patch on the TRIM5alpha PRYSPRY domain is required for retroviral restriction but dispensable for capsid binding. J Virol. 2009 Apr;83(7):3365-73. DOI:10.1128/JVI.00432-08 |
- Strambio-de-Castillia C, Tetenbaum-Novatt J, Imai BS, Chait BT, and Rout MP. A method for the rapid and efficient elution of native affinity-purified protein A tagged complexes. J Proteome Res. 2005 Nov-Dec;4(6):2250-6. DOI:10.1021/pr0501517 |
- Niepel M, Strambio-de-Castillia C, Fasolo J, Chait BT, and Rout MP. The nuclear pore complex-associated protein, Mlp2p, binds to the yeast spindle pole body and promotes its efficient assembly. J Cell Biol. 2005 Jul 18;170(2):225-35. DOI:10.1083/jcb.200504140 |
first and second author contributed equally
- Kipper J, Strambio-de-Castillia C, Suprapto A, and Rout MP. Isolation of nuclear envelope from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Methods Enzymol. 2002;351:394-408.
- Strambio-de-Castillia C and Rout MP. The structure and composition of the yeast NPC. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2002;35:1-23.
- Strambio de Castillia C and Rout MP. TAPping into transport. Nat Cell Biol. 1999 Jun;1(2):E31-3. DOI:10.1038/10024 |
- Strambio-de-Castillia C, Blobel G, and Rout MP. Proteins connecting the nuclear pore complex with the nuclear interior. J Cell Biol. 1999 Mar 8;144(5):839-55.
- Hurwitz ME, Strambio-de-Castillia C, and Blobel G. Two yeast nuclear pore complex proteins involved in mRNA export form a cytoplasmically oriented subcomplex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Sep 15;95(19):11241-5.
- Strambio-de-Castillia C, Blobel G, and Rout MP. Isolation and characterization of nuclear envelopes from the yeast Saccharomyces. J Cell Biol. 1995 Oct;131(1):19-31.
- Kraemer DM, Strambio-de-Castillia C, Blobel G, and Rout MP. The essential yeast nucleoporin NUP159 is located on the cytoplasmic side of the nuclear pore complex and serves in karyopherin-mediated binding of transport substrate. J Biol Chem. 1995 Aug 11;270(32):19017-21.
- Strambio-de-Castillia C and Hunter E. Mutational analysis of the major homology region of Mason-Pfizer monkey virus by use of saturation mutagenesis. J Virol. 1992 Dec;66(12):7021-32.
Contributed to book section
Strambio de Castillia, Caterina. 1998. Identification and characterization of Mlp1p and Mlp2p: molecular components of filaments localized at the interface between the nuclear pore complex and nuclear interior. Thesis (Ph. D.)-- Rockefeller University, 1998.