- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Publications
- 5 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2008
- 6 Useful links
- Benji Moncivaiz
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
Please copy the source code from this page to your user page, fill in the answers and print out a copy for next time.
You do not need to keep the information on your user page once you've printed it out.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2008
Year of Graduation
benmonci AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
Not yet. 7.06 (Cell Biology)
No. 7.02 (General Biology Lab)
No. 5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)
No - Biology is for me.
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
I worked in a lab with HST. I was fabricating microwells made of polyethylene glycol (PEG) with "stamps" made from DMSO. I was also printing A6 polymer into these microwells, hoping later to find any effects A6 had on the cells our collaborators cultured in them. I did not get to work with any of the cells (staining, passaging) or much work under the hood, but I got to do a lot of work leading up to that and making it possible.