Difference between revisions of "User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2011/04/22/Final Day of Troubleshoot and More Tests"

From OpenWetWare
< User:Anthony Salvagno‎ | Notebook‎ | Research‎ | 2011‎ | 04‎ | 22
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{qn}} ==Gel of Final Product== This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction. ==New PCR== Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get bet...)
 
(Gel of Final Product)
 
Line 2: Line 2:
 
==Gel of Final Product==
 
==Gel of Final Product==
 
This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.
 
This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.
 +
 +
This was sort of redundant, but important nonetheless, because Pranav had already tethered and got tethers and possibly unzipped. But I ran the gel anyways and found that there was maybe '''2.5ng/ul''' or possibly a little more, but definitely '''not''' 5ng/ul as had been stated.
  
 
==New PCR==
 
==New PCR==
 
Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR.
 
Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR.
 
{{ShowGoogleExcel|id=0Agbdciapt4QZdGdTbW1ORy1GeGpJMGhnWHR0NFNDUWc|width=500|height=300}}
 
{{ShowGoogleExcel|id=0Agbdciapt4QZdGdTbW1ORy1GeGpJMGhnWHR0NFNDUWc|width=500|height=300}}

Latest revision as of 13:36, 22 April 2011

Gel of Final Product

This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.

This was sort of redundant, but important nonetheless, because Pranav had already tethered and got tethers and possibly unzipped. But I ran the gel anyways and found that there was maybe 2.5ng/ul or possibly a little more, but definitely not 5ng/ul as had been stated.

New PCR

Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR. {{#widget:Google Spreadsheet |key=0Agbdciapt4QZdGdTbW1ORy1GeGpJMGhnWHR0NFNDUWc |width=500 |height=300 }}