I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- 1 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2012
- 1.1 Last Name
- 1.2 First Name
- 1.3 Preferred name
- 1.4 Course/Minor
- 1.5 Year of Graduation
- 1.6 Telephone #
- 1.7 Email
- 1.8 Have you taken or are you taking...
- 1.9 Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- 1.10 Please briefly describe any previous technical communication experience you have
- 1.11 Anything else you would like us to know?
- 2 Contact Info
- 3 Education
- 4 Research interests
- 5 Useful links
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2012
Year of Graduation
adnicker AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
20.320 (Cell Kinetics) -- Currently taking 7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry) -- Taken 7.06 (Cell Biology) -- Will take next semester 5.310 (General Chemistry Lab) -- Have not taken
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)? Yes
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)? Yes
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
I have worked in three different labs. The first one I learned how to make gels and basic lab procedures; the second I learned a lot about cell culture and western blots, and currently I am doing a lot of PCR and RNA extraction/virus isolation.
Please briefly describe any previous technical communication experience you have
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication: Don't have any formal training, but I was part of a youth development group that focused heavily on presentations. I have also presented science projects and my research at the end of my time last summer.
Anything else you would like us to know?
- Andrea Nickerson
- Bexley Hall
- Cambridge, MA
- Email me! adnicker @ mit.edu
I work in the Runstadler Lab at MIT (BE/DCM). I learned about OpenWetWare from through a class, and I've joined because 20.109 has a OWW that I would like to have access to edit/look at..
MIT Class of 2014-- Department of Biological Engineering
Veterinary Research: currently researching avian influenza in birds as well as in harbor seals.
Also interested in the environment and energy.