- Alexander Kanitz
- ETH Zurich
- Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Wolfgang Pauli-Strasse 10
- 8093 Zurich
- Contact me
I work in the Gerber Lab at the ETH Zurich.
- 2007-present, PhD candidate, ETH Zurich / Molecular Life Sciences Graduate School
- 2004-2007, MSc Medical Biochemistry, University of Amsterdam
- 2001-2004, BSc Molecular Biotechnology, Technical University of Munich
I am interested in post-transcriptional regulatory networks, particularly the regulation of mRNA translation, localization and stability by RNA-binding proteins and non-coding RNAs ("mRNP code"). In our lab we are trying to decipher sequence or structural RNA regulatory elements with a primary focus on the human and yeast 3'UTRomes.
- Markusic DM, Kanitz A, Oude-Elferink RP, and Seppen J. Preferential gene transfer of lentiviral vectors to liver-derived cells, using a hepatitis B peptide displayed on GP64. Hum Gene Ther. 2007 Jul;18(7):673-9. DOI:10.1089/hum.2007.027 |
- Korndörfer IP, Kanitz A, Danzer J, Zimmer M, Loessner MJ, and Skerra A. Structural analysis of the L-alanoyl-D-glutamate endopeptidase domain of Listeria bacteriophage endolysin Ply500 reveals a new member of the LAS peptidase family. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2008 Jun;64(Pt 6):644-50. DOI:10.1107/S0907444908007890 |