Difference between revisions of "User:Ajeffs"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 17:48, 13 June 2011
Department of Pathology
Dunedin School of Medicine
University of Otago
aaron.jeffs at otago.ac.nz
- Cancer genetics
- PhD (Otago) 2001.
- MSc Hons (Canterbury) 1994.
- Slatter TL, Hung N, Campbell H, Rubio C, Mehta R, Renshaw P, Williams G, Wilson M, Engelmann A, Jeffs A, Royds JA, Baird MA, and Braithwaite AW. Hyperproliferation, cancer, and inflammation in mice expressing a Δ133p53-like isoform. Blood. 2011 May 12;117(19):5166-77. DOI:10.1182/blood-2010-11-321851 |
- Jeffs AR, Glover AC, Slobbe LJ, Wang L, He S, Hazlett JA, Awasthi A, Woolley AG, Marshall ES, Joseph WR, Print CG, Baguley BC, and Eccles MR. A gene expression signature of invasive potential in metastatic melanoma cells. PLoS One. 2009 Dec 24;4(12):e8461. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0008461 |
- Jenkins ZA, van Kogelenberg M, Morgan T, Jeffs A, Fukuzawa R, Pearl E, Thaller C, Hing AV, Porteous ME, Garcia-Miñaur S, Bohring A, Lacombe D, Stewart F, Fiskerstrand T, Bindoff L, Berland S, Adès LC, Tchan M, David A, Wilson LC, Hennekam RC, Donnai D, Mansour S, Cormier-Daire V, and Robertson SP. Germline mutations in WTX cause a sclerosing skeletal dysplasia but do not predispose to tumorigenesis. Nat Genet. 2009 Jan;41(1):95-100. DOI:10.1038/ng.270 |
- Dziarmaga A, Hueber PA, Iglesias D, Hache N, Jeffs A, Gendron N, Mackenzie A, Eccles M, and Goodyer P. Neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein is expressed in developing kidney and is regulated by PAX2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006 Oct;291(4):F913-20. DOI:10.1152/ajprenal.00004.2006 |
- M. Futschik, A.Jeffs, S.Pattison, N.Kasabov, M.Sullivan, A.Merrie, A.Reeve (2002). Gene expression profiling of metastatic and non-metastatic colorectal cancer cell-lines. Genome Letters 1(1):26-34.
- Jeffs AR, Wells E, and Morris CM. Nonrandom distribution of interspersed repeat elements in the BCR and ABL1 genes and its relation to breakpoint cluster regions. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2001 Oct;32(2):144-54.
- Benjes SM, Millow LJ, Jeffs AR, Sowerby SJ, Reeve AE, and Morris CM. 3' BCR recombines with IGL locus in BCR-ABL-positive philadelphia-negative chronic myeloid leukemia. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 1999 Dec;26(4):366-71.
- Jeffs AR, Benjes SM, Smith TL, Sowerby SJ, and Morris CM. The BCR gene recombines preferentially with Alu elements in complex BCR-ABL translocations of chronic myeloid leukaemia. Hum Mol Genet. 1998 May;7(5):767-76.
- Morris C, Jeffs A, Smith T, McDonald M, Board P, Kennedy M, and Fitzgerald P. BCR gene recombines with genomically distinct sites on band 11Q13 in complex BCR-ABL translocations of chronic myeloid leukemia. Oncogene. 1996 Feb 1;12(3):677-85.
- Robson, Ewan, Jeffs, Aaron, and Eccles, Michael. Off-target response to decoy oligodeoxynucleotide treatment. Available from Nature Precedings http://hdl.handle.net/10101/npre.2008.2281.1 (2008)
- "p53 isoforms, miRNA, cancer", Dunedin School of Medicine Dean's Bequest Round, 27 May 2011 for 1 year ($14,569). A. Jeffs and A. Braithwaite.
- "MicroRNA function in melanoma", The Healthcare Otago Charitable Trust, October 2010 for 1 year ($14,127). A. Jeffs.
- "Urinary microRNA: a novel marker of acute kidney injury", University of Otago Research grant, October 2010 for 1 year ($44,000). R. Walker (PI), A. Jeffs, Z. Endre, and J. Pickering.
- "Can isoforms of the p53 tumour suppressor cause cancer?", Health Research Council of New Zealand, June 2010 for 36 months ($1,158,492). A. Braithwaite (PI), N. Hung, A. Jeffs, and T. Slatter.
- "A novel gene that modifies melanoma invasive potential", Dunedin School of Medicine Dean's Bequest Fund, June 2010 for 1 year ($5420). A. Jeffs.
- "Grant-in-aid for QMB Cancer meeting 2010", Maurice & Phyllis Paykel Trust ($4000). A. Jeffs & M. Eccles.
- Professional Development Award to attend the AMATA10 meeting, Hobart, Australia, Genesis Oncology Trust ($1,957). A. Jeffs.
- Dunedin School of Medicine Travel Grant to attend the AMATA10 meeting, Hobart, Australia ($885). A.Jeffs.
- "Genome instability in melanoma", NZ Lottery Grants Board (Application 278243), 01/01/2010 for 2 years ($116,328). A. Jeffs (PI), M. Eccles, and B. Baguley.
- "The molecular basis of melanoma: integrating microRNA expression and DNA copy number variation to define clinically relevant markers of invasion and prognosis", The HealthCare Otago Charitable Trust ($10,434), 01/02/10 for 1 year. A. Jeffs.