<td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="750" height="180">
<param name="movie" value="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://mit.edu/be/images/mitbe.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="750" height="180"></embed></object></td>
Social activities and events organized through the Undergraduate Student Board provide an opportunity for students in different phases of their undergraduate careers to interact and relax in the midst life at MIT.
Every once in a while (about once a semester), the BE department hosts a large social event for all faculty, students, and staff. Traditions have included a Fall BBQ, a late-summer ChemE/BE BBQ, a spring BE sports picnic with student-faculty softball, croquet, bocce..., and many more.
- November 15: T-Shirt Voting Study Break
- Week before Finals: T-Shirt Distribution Study Break
- This term (Fall '07): Have a few grad students attend an informal dinner and speak about their research
- Next term 9Spring '07): Have seniors present their experiences as pioneers in the BE major
- Other possibilities:
- Industry Seminars
- Applying to grad school/med school
UG: Spring '08/'09 Mixer