The BioBricks Foundation:Standards/Technical/Measurement
Goals of the BBF Measurement Working Group
- We aim to submit the following standards for comment in advance of the June workshop:
- the definition of a consensus relative fluorescence unit of measure - a 'Biobricks E. coli GFP fluorescence unit'
- a standard method for measuring promoter strengths
Briefing on Measuring Promoters & RBSs
<html> <embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3783852973289336417&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed> </html>
- Video from Jason Kelly introducing a standard measurement kit for characterizing BioBrick promoters and RBSs. (feel free to comment via talk page, blog, email, smoke signal, etc.)
Promoter measurement test
Notebook:Jason R. Kelly/Projects/BBF Meas Standards - Jason's lab notebook.
- Dyer BW, Ferrer FA, Klinedinst DK, and Rodriguez R. A noncommercial dual luciferase enzyme assay system for reporter gene analysis. Anal Biochem. 2000 Jun 15;282(1):158-61. DOI:10.1006/abio.2000.4605 |
- The Ohm is where the art is (Bruce Hunt) - amazing history of standard setting in electrical engineering