Difference between revisions of "Talk:CH391L/S13/DirectedProteinEvolution"
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
*'''[[User:Andre C Maranhao|Andre C Maranhao]] 04:13, 27 February 2013 (EST)''':I thought it'd be nice to have a section explaining fitness landscapes and moving through sequence space. Here are some good papers [http://www.nature.com/nrm/journal/v10/n12/abs/nrm2805.html] [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1367593109000076]
Revision as of 01:13, 27 February 2013
- Alvaro E. Rodriguez M. 21:45, 21 February 2013 (EST):It would be nice if you added literature examples of Directed Evolution of Proteins for each approach as done in the Ancestral Sequence Reconstruction or take a similar approach.
- Kevin Baldridge 16:43, 25 February 2013 (EST):Gotta give a plug for the technique my group likes secM ribosome display
- Kevin Baldridge 16:44, 25 February 2013 (EST):it would be nice to have a one or two sentence summary of the other techniques you list in the advanced/high-throughput section
- Gabriel Wu 16:55, 25 February 2013 (EST): For those of you who do this sort of thing, have you any thoughts on the contexts in which Directed evolution works well and, more importantly, where it doesn't work well? Since most papers are about successes, do you know of any examples (personal communication/experience) where it doesn't work and speculation on why?
- Evan Weaver 17:00, 26 February 2013 (EST): I remember you said what the genetics method was for high throughput and screening on monday, but what was it again? The list is very vague.
- Evan Weaver 17:03, 26 February 2013 (EST): What does improved codon usage mean in the context of synthetic GFP?