Difference between revisions of "TUT - P004"
(New page: ==P004== ===General Questions=== Occupation *Grad student @ UPitt (Theater) Electricity use *Tries to use little of it as possible *Online bill *Usage $30-40 *Doesn't know kWh *Although he...)
Revision as of 08:29, 19 July 2012
- Grad student @ UPitt (Theater)
- Tries to use little of it as possible
- Online bill
- Usage $30-40
- Doesn't know kWh
- Although he doesn't run the AC often, because his room is located in the basement of a building, he needs to run a dehumidifier which tends to use a lot of electricity
- Understands the first page is to set a reduction goal
- The goal marking (next to the number 5) can be clearer
- Orange means that you're close to over-consuming and not reaching your goal
- Day by day consumption
- Might be helpful to see and link to behavior
- Guesses that monthly and weekly wouldn't be helpful to change behavior
- $.13 for cost per kWh
- 1.5 kWh used now
- Understood which days were on target, close to target, and over consumption
- Liked the beginning and end of billing period
- Bill and consumption to date
- 693.55 kWh
- Cost and consumption yesterday
- 22.72 kWh
- Liked the legend to help see which colors corresponded to what
- Didn't immediately associate the colors to the goal
- Graph was too small to make anything out of it
- Down arrows to go back to days and the bar graph
- The calendar can show you trends in your usage
- Can you see if you're on track for your reduction goal on the calendar?
- 10% of what consumption?
- Should we display the max amount allowed to consume/spend to reach 10%?
- Should we display the previous month's consumption?
- Projects that he would use 1000 kWh by the end of the month
- Thinks the menu button should help you get back to the calendar
- The reminder is helpful information
- Should be cycled through every week, as long as its not too repetitive
- Wasn't clear on what constituted repetitive
- Believed placement would be best if put next to the thermostat
- On the refrigerator might be good
- Not in the living room
- Subscription would depend on how much $
- Can't be less than savings, but anything before that would be fine
- Would be less inclined to use it if it had advertisements
- Still image is hard to get the impression that it was measuring use right now
- Is it days?
- What do the numbers mean?
- The dial should indicate power at the moment, real-time indicator
- Wants a larger calendar / graph