<wikionly> Go to http://syntheticbiology.org/ </wikionly>
Synthetic Biology is
A) the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, and
B) the re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes.
This page contains a collection of links to online tools that are related to Synthetic Biology. <wikionly>If you are editing this page, please try to keep the tools in alphabetical order, by tool name.</wikionly>
- Biopolymer calculator by Schepartz lab
- Calculate extinction coefficients, Tm's, and base composition for your DNA or RNA; calculate amino acid composition and extinction coefficient for your protein
- Clipboard by Austin Che
- Web tool for getting complement, reverse complement, translation and restriction enzyme analysis of a DNA sequence
- Gene Design by Boeke lab
- Collection of online tools for codon optimization and shuffling, restriction site editing, and so on.
- NEB Cutter by New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Tool for finding restriction sites, et cetera.
- Vector NTI by Informax, Inc.
- Free-to-academics tool for sequence analysis and data management.
- Appendix by Ambion, Inc.
- Website with many useful nucleic acid parameters.
- mFold by Michael Zuker.
- This is the main page with links to sites for predicting RNA and DNA folds, calculating Tm's and free energies.
- Cn3D by NCBI
- A helper application for your web browser that allows you to view 3-dimensional structures from NCBI's Entrez retrieval service. It doesn't read PDB files but can be more straightforward to use than DeepView.
- DeepView by GlaxoSmithKline & Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- Awesome program for viewing and studying protein structure.
- ExPASy Proteomics server by the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- Collection of links to many pages to calculate parameters of your favorite proteins
- Modeller by Sali Lab
- For homology or comparative modeling of protein three-dimensional structures.
- Zinc Finger Tools by Barbas Lab
- Design Zinc Finger DNA binding proteins
- Colibri by Institut Pasteur
- E. coli genome site; get sequences, see the position of your gene in the chromosome, see the function of your gene, and other fun stuff. You can also search for protein sequences/motifs within the E. coli genome.
- Registry of Standard Biological Parts by MIT
- Open repository of BioBricks; the place for all your standard biological parts.
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.