<wikionly> Go to http://syntheticbiology.org/ </wikionly>
Synthetic Biology is
A) the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, and
B) the re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes.
- Synthetic Biology: Building on Nature's Inspiration 19-22 November, 2009, Irvine, California, USA. This year's conference of The National Academies Keck Futures Initiative. Applications are now closed, but 10 podcast interviews/tutorials with synthetic biology leaders are available online
- Biofine 2009: Applied Industrial Synthetic Biology conference 16 April – 17 April, 2009, Freiburg, Germany
- Second European Conference on Synthetic Biology (ECSB II): Design, Programming And Optimisation Of Biological Systems 29 March – 03 April, 2009, Sant Feliu de Guixols (Costa Brava), Spain
- BioSysBio 2009 March 23-25, 2009, Cambidge, UK
- Life Under (Re)Construction
November 13-14, 2008, Vienna, Austria. Programme
- Systems and Synthetic Biology - Scientific and Social Implications:
November 7-8, 2008 at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany
- Workshop Synthetic Biology
November 6-8, 2008, Groningen, The Netherlands
- The Future of Synthetic Biology: Workshop at the Wellcome Trust
November 3-4, 2008, London, U.K. Programme
- Synthetic Biology 4.0: The Fourth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
October 10-12, 2008 at Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Open SYNBIOSAFE e-conference on ethics, safety, security, IPR, governance, and public perception of synthetic biology (background paper)
May 5 - June 9, 2008.
- BioSysBio 2008
April 20-22, 2008 at Imperial College London, U.K.
- Toward A Synthetic Biology: NASA-NSF Joint Workshop at HHMI Janelia Farm, Virginia, U.S.A.
April 3-4, 2008. Workshop speakers and report
- European Conference On Synthetic Biology (ECSB): Design, programming and optimisation of biological systems
24-29 November 2007 at Hotel Eden Roc, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain.
- Caltech Workshop on Self-Replicating Chemical Systems
August 27-28, 2007.
- Synthetic Biology Workshop
August 27-28, 2007 at Göteborg, Sweden.
- Systems Biology and Engineering
April 20-21, 2008 in Seattle, WA, USA.
- First q-bio Conference on Cellular Information Processing
August 8-11, 2007 at St. John's College campus in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
- Synthetic Biology 3.0: The Third International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
June 24-26, 2007 in Zurich
- Boston University Symposium on Synthetic Biology
May 11, 2007.
- IGEM:China Workshop
April 16-17, 2007.
- Synthetic Biology: Transforming Life Science Research and Discovery by Informa Learning (associated with IBC Life Sciences) and Beachhead Consulting
March/April 2007 in Cambridge, Massachustts, USA
- See Tom Knight's note regarding this conference.
- BioSysBio 2007: Computational Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Synthetic Biology
January 11-13, 2007 in Manchester, United Kingdom
- Cold Spring Harbor Meeting on Engineering Principles in Biological Systems
December 3-6, 2006 in Cold Spring Harbor, New York, USA.
- Workshop on Computation in Genetic and Biochemical Networks
September 4-8, 2006 in York, United Kingdom.
- Synthetic Biology 2.0: The Second International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
May 20-22, 2006 at UC Berkeley.
- Institute of Biological Engineering Annual Meeting
March 10-12, 2006 at University of Arizona in Tuscon, Arizona, USA
- special Synthetic Biology session!
- special student paper contest in bioethics!
- 2nd ASM - IEEE EMBS Conference on Bio, Micro and Nanosystems
January 15-18, 2006 in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Sixth International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2005)
October 19-24, 2005 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Venter Institute Conference: Genomes, Medicine, and the Environment
October 17–19, 2005 in Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA.
- Synthetic Biology 1.0: The First International Meeting on Synthetic Biology: The First International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
June 10-12, 2004 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.