Go to http://syntheticbiology.org/
Synthetic Biology is
A) the design and construction of new biological parts, devices, and systems, and
B) the re-design of existing, natural biological systems for useful purposes.
- Synthetic Biology 5.0: The Fifth International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
Date and location to be decided.
- This year's conference of The National Academies Keck Futures Initiative will be Synthetic Biology: Building on Nature's Inspiration on 19-22 November, 2009, at Irvine, CA, USA. Applications are now closed. Ten podcast tutorial interviews with synthetic biology leaders are available online
- iGEM Jamboree 31 Oct-2 Nov, 2009 competition and results
- The BioBrick Public Agreement v1 draft is now available for public distribution and comment.
- New England Biolabs and Ginkgo BioWorks release the BioBrick Assembly Kit
- New synthetic biology platform paper in Nature Biotechnology
- Summary of the open SYNBIOSAFE e-conference on ethics, safety, security, IPR, governance, and public perception of synthetic biology available for download.
Community news archive
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.