SynBERC:Training group/2007 site visit
Site visit schedule
Discussion on SynBERC itself
- Wednesday afternoon
We need to give student feedback to NSF regarding SynBERC. This feedback falls into 4 categories listed below.
- What is SynBERC good at?
- What issues does SynBERC need to work on?
- Where could SynBERC make an impact?
- What problems can you foresee for SynBERC?
Discussion on standards
- Thursday morning
Given that we are all getting together, it would likely be useful to discuss standards in synthetic biology.
- Where should part-part junctions be located?
- Under what operating conditions should devices be characterized?
- What are the common signal carriers for
- transcripion-based devices
- translation-based devices
- post-translational devices
- What strains of E. coli should we use?
- What strains of yeast?
- What would an ideal chassis look like?