This is a draft list of research topics that the SynBERC Parts Thrust is considering for support.
Please contribute & edit with impunity.
We need to get the set of topics correct and then organize ourselves (and anybody else who wants) around getting the work done.
- 1 I. Goals
- 2 II. Part Families
1. Parts collection, registry
2. Parts characterization
3. Parts engineering
- a. New function
- b. Tune strength, timing
- c. Orthogonal, composable function
- d. Develop general methods for part redesign
II. Part Families
- repressors, DNA binding proteins
- mRNA procesing
- Targeting sequences
- protein binding
- small molecule ligand binding
- light sensing
- Protein-protein interactions (orthogonal set)
Phosphorylation logic control
- Docking motifs
- YAC components
- Transposon components