Revision as of 16:00, 11 May 2012 by Christopher C Vanlang (New page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vgVufOvnKvn84drFBmOtEqhZQEKNFzKqw82ItypqvHI/edit ==How to do an Autoradiogram== :Kurt Knapp :10/25/04 :Uploaded by Chris VanLang 9/21/11 ===Drying the...)
How to do an Autoradiogram
- Kurt Knapp
- Uploaded by Chris VanLang 9/21/11
Drying the Gel
- Rinse the gel in water once
- Lay it on a piece of filter paper
- Put it under the plastic sheet of the gel dryer
- Lay a piece of saran wrap over the top of the gel.
- Turn on the coldtrap and gel dryer
- Close the valve on the coldtrap
- Turn on the house vacuum
- Check that the vacuum toggle switch is on the gel dryer
- Press start on the gel dryer
- Stop the gel after 1hour … it should be dry
Setting up Cassette
- Blank a phosphor screen cassette using the light box for 20 minutes.
- On the gel, use a pen to mark the protein ladder.
- Use 1:10 mixture of C14 Leucine and spot the pen marks.
- Tape the gel against the felt of the cassette so it doesn’t move.
- It is best to orient the gel so that the ladder is on the left starting from B2.
- Store for 1-2 days
- Use the imager from the Clark center.
- Email Anja Duursma via firstname.lastname@example.org to get access. You will need your sunetID.
- Remember to bring your own USB drive as you cannot store any data on the computer.