Difference between revisions of "Software for science reference management"
m (Software for reference management and bibliographies moved to Software for science reference management: set apart from non-scientific reference management)
Revision as of 05:07, 3 July 2008
It is a common task that can become a struggle for scientists to collect, organise, and cite references. Several pieces of software have been made over the years to help us with those activities. If you know any please share them here with your comments on usability, features, and reliability.
Cross-platform bibliography solutions
- Bibus - opensource bibliography manager similar to EndNote for RefMan (Mac, Win, Linux)
- Zotero - Firefox extension to help collect, manage, and cite references
Reference software for the Mac
- BibDesk (BibTex reference database w PubMed download, free)
- Skim - PDF reader and annotation software (free)
- Papers (bibliography software by MekenTosj, shareware )
Reference software for the PC
Reference software on Linux/UNIX
Wikipedia related topics
External software comparison pages