In addition to OpenWetWare, there are quite a number of wiki communities that focus on biology, chemistry, or other science topics. Here are a few of our sister wikis within these areas. Please add to this list as new wikis are created.
- BioWiki: BioWiki is a wiki farm for various computational biology projects. Maintained by the Holmes lab at UC Berkeley.
- Wikiomics: Wikiomics is a collection of questions and answers about bioinformatics. With your participation, it will become a central, modern and friendly forum for the worldwide bioinformatics community and all users of bioinformatics.
- BioDirectory.com's BioWiki is an effort to build a community for life sciences researchers which everyone can edit
- Wikispecies is meant to become an open, free directory of species
- Flu Wiki
- QED wiki, formerly TigerWeb (has data analysis and calendar extensions)
- MicrobeWiki is a free wiki resource on microbes and microbiology, edited by students at Kenyon College
- EvolvingCode.net - information about all aspects of the evolution of the genetic code
- Wikis in C2B2 (Advanced Biological Computing Systems Support) at Columbia University
- EcoliWiki - EcoliHub's subsystem for community annotation
- Proteins Wiki is intended as a community-moderated encyclopedia for proteins, with an emphasis on function and structure
- MetaBase is a user-contributed list of all the biological databases available on the internet
- Introductome - a project to archive scientific introductions
- BioCC project promotes the sharing of data, information, knowledge, and wisdom among bioresearchers who are working in biology and bioinformatics
- BioMineWiki: A wiki about how to extract metals by the help from microbes in order gain metal and purify water. This wiki is cross-disciplinary and deals with biology, biotechnology, chemistry, hydrometallurgy, environmental questions and engineering.
- wikichemistry.org a wiki with a focus on chemistry. Launched Dec 15th 2007
- SyntheticPages: Similar to a wiki, "SyntheticPages is a freely available interactive database of synthetic chemistry. We publish practical and reliable organic, organometallic and inorganic chemical synthesis, reactions and procedures deposited by synthetic chemists. Synthetic methods on the site are updated continuously by chemists working in academic and industrial research laboratories."
- UsefulChem is an open source science project in chemistry led by the Bradley Laboratory at Drexel University (OpenWetWare page)
Circuitopedia is a community effort to share knowledge and resources for analog/RF circuit design
- Qwiki: Qwiki is a quantum physics wiki devoted to the collective creation of technical content for practicing scientists.
- NMR Wiki
- Wiki Sci is an attempt for researchers to organize research efforts in a task-oriented manner, facilitating much better idea exchange
- Scholarpedia - the free peer reviewed encyclopedia written by scholars from all around the world
- Wiki for Professionals are workspace for Semantic Web, enabling real-time knowledge exchange and exploration
- developed by Knewco, Inc
- Science Online is an open-content resource where students can help answer the world's questions about science
- Academic Publishing Wiki is meant to give people with original ideas a means of obtaining peer review and constructive criticism, and also to publish these ideas in wiki format for the free use and benefit of others