Registry of Standard Biological Models/Presentation
Revision as of 09:39, 16 September 2007 by Vincent Rouilly (New page: =Presentation= ==Scope of the presentation (provisional)== === Biological Engineering=== * building novel biological systems from interchangeable and standardized parts. * Biobricks * T...)
Scope of the presentation (provisional)
- building novel biological systems from interchangeable and standardized parts.
- The Registry of Standardized Biological Parts.
Modelling Biological Systems
- Use of modelling in engineering and life science.
- Current Practices
- Current Issues
Registry of BioBrick Models
- Expected Services from the Registry
- What type of models should be targeted (kinetic description, qualitative description ...) ?
- What is a standardized model ? What is the right level of abstraction of a model ?
- Link with the existing biological description languages (SBML, CellML, ...) ?
- Link with the existing model repositories (SBML, CellML, Biomodels) ?
- Minimal information needed to describe a SBM (see MIRIAM initiative), Annotation and curation ?
- Type of services expected from the RoSBM ?
- Connectivity with the other registries (Parts registry and others in the future) ?
- Tools which could benefit from such a model registry ?
- Project management: private implementation, open source project, release of a standard, guidelines ...