Getting started in the lab: Penn bureaucracy
- The first step is to get a PennKey. This is required for a lot of Penn-related services, including getting your PennCard.
- The next step is to get a PennCard. This is required to get access to various facilities and services at Penn, including the lab itself. The easiest way to get the card is to go to card services, 150 Franklin Building on Walnut street.
- Once you have a PennCard, e-mail the card number to me and I activate the card for access to the lab.
- Your PennCard will give you gym access, but only if you get a membership.
Getting started in the lab: lab/computing setup
- We use Google for a lot of internal lab stuff, like sharing documents and protocols, etc., so a good first step is to create a Google account (if you already use Gmail, then no need to do anything, your Gmail account is sufficient).