Quantitative Biology of the Living Cell
Prof Jenna Rickus email@example.com
Assignments and Class Schedule
In Class. Go over syllabus, course goals, openwetware, and software
Assignment. complete before next week.
- Create an account on Openwetware
- Read the wiki help on openwetware
- Create your own wiki page that links to this course page. Name your page "Biol295F_LASTNAME"
- Download and Install Systems Biology Workbench and Cell Designer
- Start reading NIH Stem Cell Basics
- Quest Speaker. 5 minutes. Jennifer Nordland. Soybean Competition
Stem Cell Biology
Policy and Ethics
- U.S. Policy on Use of Stem Cells. NIH link
- Article arguing for a code of ethics for Biological Engineers. IBE code of ethics
Web of Science- for literature review
PubMed - for literature review
Entrez - quick keyword based search across literature, protein, gene, etc databases simultaneously
link to Genbank - "GenBank® is the NIH genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences"
Class Discussion Board
post any comments, questions etc. here