Physics307L:Schedule/Week 12 agenda
- 1 2011
- 2 2010 and earlier stuff
- 3 A little bit about Physics education
- 4 How to write a formal report
- 5 Generating PDFs from uniformly distributed random numbers
- Open questions
- Discussion of grading and formal report
- Winter break
- Error propagation
- Group work: example with two measured means w/ uncertainty and a converted final value. How to propagate uncertainty?
- Uncertainty propagation
2010 and earlier stuff
A little bit about Physics education
- Baseball / Golf analogy
- Cycling analogy
- Modeling / Coaching
How to write a formal report
Introduction to scientific journals
What is required in our report?
Talk about the distinction between Results and Discussion
- Write the easiest parts first! Figures and tables are the guts of your report.