Revision as of 00:25, 14 April 2008 by Torsten Waldminghaus (New page: ==Purpose== *Pfu is a thermostable DNA polymerase that can be used for PCR. ==Procurement== *You can buy Pfu for example at [[http://www.promega.com/catalog/catalogproducts.aspx?categoryn...)
- Pfu is a thermostable DNA polymerase that can be used for PCR.
- You can buy Pfu for example at [Promega].
- NEB does for some reason not offer Pfu.
- Pfu has proof reading activity which makes it more accurate than for example Taq.
- Pfu does not exhibit 5' -> 3' exonuclease activity, which prevents degradation of the primers in mutagenesis methods based on ligation of primers or elongated primers.