Difference between revisions of "Orhan Karsligil"
(→My Simple Blog)
(→My Simple Blog)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 15:05, 2 November 2006
- 1 About Me
- 2 Resources
- 3 My Simple Blog
- 4 My Research Ideas
- 5 My Publications and Presentations
- 6 Video Collection
I am a research scholar working in Prof. Gregory Stephanopoulos' lab. I am mostly interested in complex networks and pattern discovery. You can read more on my background and previous research at my online resume
For now you can visit my blog at: Orhan's Blog for more information. I will update this site with my current research and research resources.
In this section I plan to collect some useful online resources.
My Paper Collection
I am using a site called CiteULike to keep track of all the papers I am reading or planning to read. One can tag papers, create bibliographies automatically and one can also upload the PDFs so that they can be retrieved anytime one desires. You can find my collection of papers (only the user can access the PDFs because of the copyright issues) at Orhan's Paper Collection
Biology News Net is a very useful Biology News collection site.
This site (http://bioinformatics.org/software/index.php3) has a long list of links to Bioinformatics software.
Here I will add the online Gene, Protein, Metabolite databases
Here I will add algorithm sites that might be useful for bioinformatics type of computations.
Research groups that I follow for interesting research.
Here I am planning to add links to some online course materials that I find very useful.
My Simple Blog
My Research Ideas
My Publications and Presentations
- Group Presentation, Literature Review on "Multidimensional Signatures in Antimicrobial Peptides". You can get the pdf for the presentation from here.
- Review of Elementary Mode Analysis. A short summary. You can get the pdf for the summary from here
- More detailed information for the presentation []
- Multiscale Data Smoothing Algorithm (Draft). A multiscale thresholding strategy followed with an optimization step to minimize jumps in the data. You can find the description of the algorithm in the following PDF presentation
Process Design and Control Days
- Thesis under Prof. George Stephanopoulos on “Multiscale Modeling, Identification, and Model Predictive Control of Processing Systems.” (May 2000)
- “Multi-Scale Modeling, Estimation and Control of Processing Systems”, George Stephanopoulos, Matthew Dyer, and Orhan Karsligil, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 21, p. S797-S803 (1997)
- “Multi-Scale Considerations in Linear and Nonlinear Estimation and Control”, George Stephanopoulos, Orhan Karsligil and Matthew Dyer, in Nonlinear Model-Based Control, R. Berber and C. Kravaris (editors), Kluwer (1998)
- “Multi-Scale Model-Predictive Control”, Orhan Karsligil, Matthew Dyer and George Stephanopoulos, Proceedings of DYCOPS-5, Kerkyra, Greece (1998)
- “Multi-scale Aspects in Model-Predictive Control”, George Stephanopoulos, Orhan Karsligil, and Matthew Dyer, Journal of Process Control, Vol: 10, Issue: 2-3, pp. 275-282 (2000)
The Inner Life of the Cell
Developed for Harvard Biology Classes. A very nice introduction of the inner workings of a cell... <html><p><object width="425" height="350"><br /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NDI0lojaeI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NDI0lojaeI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></p></html>
A video from 1971, done at UCSD... I believe this cannot be done anymore.. Nobody would participate... 35 years later I am curious what initiator one is doing....<html><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9dhO0iCLww"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9dhO0iCLww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></html>