Order a Microfluidic Chip from the Foundry
Preparing an autocad file to be printed by CAD/Art Services.
- Disable all but one layer in the autocad file. Make sure that the visible layer is selected.
- Use the Region command on the entire layer.
- Use the Union command on the entire layer.
- Use the Explode command on the entire layer. You will likely have to do this several times, until autocad tells you that the number of objects selected is the same as the number of objects that it couldn't explode.
- Use the Pedit command.
- Choose Multiple.
- Select the entire layer.
- Choose 'Yes' to convert lines to polylines.
- Choose Join.
- Enter a fuzz distance of 0.
- Hit escape so as not to repeat the process.
- Repeat the process for all layers.
- Copy the layers independently, and paste them into the File:Output city template.dwg. The push down layers should be placed in the boxed regions (top right and bottom left), and the fluid layers in the non-boxed regions (top right and bottom left). File:Chip design2.1 - for outputcity.dwg for an example.
- Layers that will be made out of thick PDMS need to be expanded by 1.5%. Select these layers (individually), and use the Scale command. Select the center of the layer to be the reference point, and use a scale factor or 1.015.
- Save the file as autocad version 2000 or earlier.
Submitting the file to CAD/Art Services to be printed.
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information (and autocad files attached)
- Need transparencies printed (8x10” with emulsion down at 20,000 dpi).
- The channels should be opaque with a clear background, except for the two boxed regions (upper right and lower left) which should have the reverse polarity (opaque background and clear channels).
- Bill to Purchase Order 'MIT20'.
- Have the masks mailed to Alejandra Torres, California Institute of Technology, 391 S. Holliston MC 128-95, Pasadena, CA 91125
Tell microfluidic foundry about the order
Talk to Alejandra (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the order. Make sure that she knows what you need. Be nice to her, cause she makes lots of good stuff for us!