The first edit on the Main Page happened on Apr. 20, 1 year ago. Let's highlight OWW first birthday. Maybe Jenny can design a logo. I'm thinking something like a cake with the OWW logo as a single candle.
- Jennyn 00:04, 13 April 2006 (EDT): Will do, after my biochem exam tomorree.
- Jennyn 21:47, 13 April 2006 (EDT): In a colorful mood, so I made an icon that is unlike our typical 3D circular buttons. Enjoy!
Formal/informal style for highlights
Should the highlights be like: "I like sharing my protocols" Said OWW's Sri Kosuri or should it be like: And Sri said he also likes sharing his protocols. Should the highlights be formal as in the news or should they be informal community style? The first is almost sock-puppeting, the second almost not worth it, maybe a happy medium can be found. Your comments appreciated. --Johncumbers 01:21, 27 March 2006 (EST)
- Jennyn 00:20, 13 April 2006 (EDT): How about, "Sri enjoys sharing his protocols." Present-tense transitive verbs --link directly to the object, keep sentences short, and maintains a business-casual writing style (or whatever would be in between formal and informal). We can save the he-said/she-said for a really awesome quote -- i.e. Sri enjoys sharing his protocols. "It gives me an edge in the lab and makes me feel like a superhero," he states (or adds, says, proclaims with a raised fist, etc).
--Johncumbers 09:58, 14 April 2006 (EDT) looks good, I'll write something about the year.. "A year in review perhaps" we could also add it to a list of yearly highlights that we do each year.
idea: lab highlights
Each week we highlight a different lab, lets start from the bottom and work our way up. we message each lab and tell them that their page is due for highlighting on week X, this 1) keeps pages upto date and 2) highlights the lab. To highlight a lab we need, a little icon for the lab, a tagline maybe, and a research summary. we can ask for each of these.
New suggestions for highlights.. please feel free to add them
- ) protocol highlight -from nature article
- ) latest publication
- ) active discussion highlights
community portal highlight
In the news section
Similar to lab highlights, we find intersting protocols put them on a list and work our way through highlighting them, letting people know when they are due to be highlighted. Protocol highlights