Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 14, at 12 noon
The monthly meeting is both online (join the chat here) AND has teleconferencing (call 617-324-7520, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Everyone is welcome to participate simply by calling in and joining the chat. It tends to work best if participants do both to fully take part in the meeting.
- Focus of OWW over the next 6 months should be the promotion of open science and use of lab notebook
- Talk about chairs and how to group different members around different areas
- Each month, SC to come up with a small, fun activity that can be picked up by a new member.
- "idea of bottom-up development, where new features of OWW are suggested by and in part built by members of the community" - OpenWetWare Platform/API (a la Facebook)?
- How should we work with/integrate social networking sites such as Epernicus, SciLink, and others?
- Profiling the OpenWetWare user... Who are John and Jill Openwetware?
Older or ongoing items:
This was brought a few months ago. Is OWW's licensing still appropriate for the way people are (or will be) posting content to the site?